Monday, June 8, 2009

Dear Ones,

Johnny and I leave for Hawaii on June 27th. Our 50th Wedding Anniversary is June 26 and we are taking our two kids, John & Lisa and their spouses, Lisa & Kent to Hawaii with us. We can hardly wait. We chose a cruise so in case Johnny has a day where he’s not feeling well, I can stay on ship with him and the kids can go see the sights. We love the water so much that this will be the perfect celebration for us.

We drove to our property at the bay on Saturday and it was so wonderful. We had a peach double Hibiscus right by our gate and when we drove up there it was in full bloom! I thought it was dead like all the other plants but it came back in all its glory! The fig tree which was uprooted and laying on its side after the storm is in full bloom with figs on it (still laying on its side, I might add). We’re going to have to reward it by tying it upright again. We were so encouraged that we might consider building a garage apartment for now over our garage and see what happens from there. That would give us a place to stay when we want to go down there and a place for Johnny when I am out of town.

Yesterday, I was sitting having my second cup of coffee at 7:45 when the phone rang. It was Nancy Taylor, who used to work with us in First Place and who now teaches a ladies Sunday School class here at First Baptist. She woke up with a severe bladder infection and wanted to know if I could teach her class at 9:10 a.m.? Mind you, I was sitting there mulling over whether I would even go to the morning service, thinking I might just rest and go at 6:30 p.m. I flew into high gear and made it just fine. I just love it when God surprises me with opportunities to bring Him glory. You know, learning that it’s not about me at all has been so freeing.

How are all of you doing in the area of your weight? Summer is a great time to eat healthy since there are so many wonderful fruits and vegetables available. I’m already planning to eat lots of pineapple on our cruise and to work out with the Lisa’s every day. I’m praying for all of you and can’t wait to see you at one of our FP4H events. The Leadership Summit is July 24-25 so hope many of will come.

Lots of love,

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!