Thursday, January 2, 2014

Start Now

Today is the day, this is the year.  I don't know what you weigh today, I don't know if you have high blood pressure or cholesterol.  I don't know the condition of your joints and muscles.  But one thing I do know, after today you can be better.  You don't ever have to weigh again what you weigh today.  God has the answer and he cares about you.  God is in the transformation process - both in body and spirit.  He actually wants to transform me into the image on his son.  This is the sanctification process and it takes time. For my body to get back in shape, that is going to take time also.  There is purpose in the process.  The wisdom writer in Ecclesiastes. tells us that "there is a time for everything and season for everything under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1).  This can be your season of success.   God want to bless us in our efforts, but He does ask this one thing - He wants us to participate in the process!  When I first realized that I needed to lose weight,  I wanted God to do the hard work. After all, He is totally capable of making me fat free. I was ready for Him to perform a weight loss miracle. When I felt especially disgusted with myself I would pray my fat prayer:

“Dear Lord, I know you can take the fat away.  Please God, let me wake up in the morning and have it gone. I will praise your name forever. Many people will come into the Kingdom as a result of this miracle.”

I simply did not want to do the hard work of obedience and sacrifice by keeping track of my food and exercising. It is going to be hard work, especially the exercise, that's why it called a workout!  The payoff will be grand.  Think of all of the things you are going to be able to do when you are healthier.  God is limitless and He is for us. There may be a day when you cannot do the hard work required to get this temple in shape, but today is not that day!  START NOW.

Vicki Heath




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!