Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 3 Media Tour

Yesterday, when I left Marion, Illinois, I was the only person on the 19 passenger plane. Two pilots and me! I sat in the very back that had 3 seats across the back and knew how people must feel that have their own private plane. What fun, but alas, my fun was short lived. I flew from Marion, Illinois to Cincinnati, Ohio. I went directly to my plane in Cincinnati and when I walked up to the gate the lady said, "Are you Carole Lewis"? I was the last person to get on the plane going to Toronto and my suitcase didn't make the short connection.

The last 24 hours have been wild! When I landed in Toronto last night at 9:30 my suitcase was not on the plane. After filling out all the forms and going through customs I arrived at the hotel and got in bed at midnite. I set the alarm on my phone for 5 a.m. This morning I kept waking up and when I finally realized that the alarm had not gone off I looked at the clock and it was 6:45 a.m. My cell phone was dead and the charger is in my lost suitcase so it was weird going an entire day with no cell connection to the outside world. I was to be picked up at 7:15 so I went into high gear. Actually all I had to do was shower, wash my hair and dry it, brush my teeth and go. Since I had no fresh clothes or make up I just put on my yesterday clothes that I flew in and went to the studio. Everyone was so gracious and kind and it went well. The make up lady was wonderful so that helped a lot. After the program, 100 Huntley Street was over, I got to visit with ladies from 3 FP4H groups in the Toronto area. One of the ladies, Carol Dorr, found Christ through First Place in 1981. What a blessing visiting with these ladies today. When I got to the Toronto Airport to fly to Chicago there was still no bag. In fact the bag has not yet been found so I don't know when we'll meet again.

When I got to Chicago I rented a car and found a mall where I could buy a cell phone charger and an outfit to wear tomorrow in South Bend, Indiana on the Harvest Show. The Mall door I walked in had a cell phone store at the entrance and the first store I saw when I walked into the mall was a Coldwater Creek, which I love. Within 20 minutes I had an outfit and was off to Target to buy toiletries and a curling iron. If I can keep the one outfit clean I'll wear it the rest of the week if my suitcase doesn't show up.

I'm staying at the airport Sheraton and will leave at 6 a.m. in the morning to drive to South Bend. I sure love the GPS in the car. It's like having my own personal guide. Actually, we all do have our own personal guide, the Lord Jesus. He has kept me calm and sane this entire day and it was really sweet of Him to help me get what I needed with so little stress.

Well off to bed. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Devil, you didn't win today and you sure gave it your best shot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!