Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 4 Media Tour

It's 12:20 a.m. and I'm so full of joy and thanksgiving to God that I can't sleep! I was sound asleep and got a call on my hotel room phone. When I answered the phone a lady said "We have your suitcase and I'm sending it up to you right now". I jumped up and put on my dirty jeans I've been wearing since Monday and when I opened the door it was as though an angel was standing there with my suitcase. Nothing has ever looked so beautiful. I immediately opened it and put on my gown. I've never thought to be thankful for my gown till I went two nights without it! I arrived at the hotel today feeling like I was getting a cold; nose running and stuffy feeling. Well, now I have my suitcase and it has airborne in it so I'm drinking some right now. God and I have been walking together since Monday but it has felt so weird not having anything at all that I brought with me. Kind of reminds me of last September after Hurricane Ike hit. Do you think God wants me to travel light or what???? I've proven that I can do it the last three days but It's still not fun!!

Today was great. I got up early and made the two hour drive to South Bend, Indiana to appear on the Harvest Show. After my 10 minute interview, I left immediately to make the two hour drive back to Chicago to catch a 1 p.m. plane to Atlanta. I thought about renting a car for Atlanta and even reserved one but when I arrived in Atlanta I was too exhausted to drive so I took a taxi to the hotel.

When I saw that I was staying in a Holiday Inn I was a little anxious because I've stayed in some really bad Holiday Inns. What a nice surprise when I walked in my room and saw that it was spotless. I went down to the dining room and outside the dining room was a table set up with appetizers of cheese & crackers and a beautiful plate of cut up fruit; pineapple, oranges, apples, pears. etc. I had the most delicious hamburger for dinner and the hotel staff has been so helpful. What a delightful gift from the Lord; a Holiday Inn that looks and feels like a Westin! My bed is so comfortable and my room is lovely. God loves His kids and I'm trusting Him for my total healing of this cold bug by morning.

I better try to go back to sleep as I need to be at the first interview at 6:55 a.m. this morning. Thanks you so much for your prayers for me. I love you all and thank God for your friendship, love and prayers. I have two interviews on Thursday and then fly to Tampa for the last day on the road. After a 10 a.m. interview on Friday in Tampa I fly back to Houston. I can hardly wait!

Good night, sweet First Place 4 Health family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for,~your recovered suitcase!...
    ~Airborne! (I'm also taking it as my throat is feeling tight like I'm catching a cold)...
    ~Traveling light... (metephorically & literally)
    ~His unfailing love and never-ending faithfulness!!!...

    Keeping you in prayer for the rest of your trip. Have a great time in Tampa and safe travels back home on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!