Monday, April 21, 2014

God Can't Drive a Parked Car


When we travel, we often find that we must drive a rental car. Rental car companies rent clean cars in tip-top working order. While you're renting it, you are responsible for taking care of it, putting gas in it, mileage on the odometer and returning the car in the same pristine condition it was in when you rented it, or pay for the damages. How foolish it would be for someone to rent a car, park it and not drive it, while paying their hard earned money to rent it.

We can think of our body as a rental car the Lord let's us use to move around in on this earth. We need to take care of it, put the right fuel into it, and keep our rental body in good condition. Some of us have the rental body in park, and God can't drive a parked car. The Lord needs us to get it in gear and be moving around for the Kingdom. In which gear are you spending the most time? Some of us are in park; we don't move much at all. Some of us stay in reverse; we can't go forward and stay on track. Some of us are in drive, but we are in low gear. We can't get moving fast. Then there are some that are in full throttle drive . Be heart smart! Start moving!

Jeremiah 12:5, "If you have run with the footman and they have wearied thee how can thou contend with the horses." The Lord gave me this verse of scripture the third week I was in First Place 4 Health. I lost 12 pounds the first two weeks of the program. Even though I had done everything right, I gained four pounds the third week. I was ready to throw in the towel. This was too hard and it didn't work. The Father popped me on the hand with this scripture. He told me that I was just getting started, and if I couldn't take it on this end while I was still a large woman, then I really would not be able to take it on the other end when I got to maintenance. He asked me if I wanted to be able to run with the horses? I said, "Yes, Lord." Then He said, "You have to get it in gear." Move every day; stand rather than sit, and move more today than you did yesterday.  God can't drive a parked car.

These are some things you can do in your daily life to drive, rather than sit.

  • Go inside the restaurant and dine, rather than drive through and eat.
  • Carry a few bags from the store, rather than use the cart.
  • Pick up and hug a child at least three times a week.
  • Labor with your hands as much as you can.
  • Throw a ball or a Frisbee.
  • Do something you did when you were a child. Cut out paper dolls, twirl a hula hoop or play Twister with your kids or grandchildren.
  • Do something you have to sit on the floor to do.
  • Walk around your neighborhood and talk to your neighbors.
  • Turn off the television and get a life outside the tube.
What shape is your body in today? Which gear do you find you stay in the most? What kind of car are you driving? Do you feel like a Jalopy or a Ferrari? Be heart smart! Get in gear, start moving, and that Jalopy body will turn into a Ferrari.

Acts 17:28, "In Him we live and MOVE and have our being."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!