Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's Not In Here



"IT’S NOT IN HERE” is my favorite First Place 4 Health magnet. It should be placed right about eye level on the refrigerator door. What I also need is a sticker to place on my forehead that says “IT’S IN HERE”. Have you ever gone wandering from the refrigerator to the pantry, even to the freezer, trying to find something that would satisfy a hankering for something, but you don’t know what it is? In John 7:37-38, Jesus is attending a festival and there are hordes of people wandering around. On the last and most important day of the festival, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, he should come to Me and drink! The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, will have streams of living water flow from deep within him.”" (HCSB) 


He was talking about the Holy Spirit whom those who believed in him would later receive. That later is now. The moment I received Christ as my Savior, I received the Holy Spirit along with this stream of living water. All I long for, thirst for, and hunger for is right here living within me. Whatever it is we are trying to use to satisfy our souls will never work. Whether it is food, alcohol, achievements or relationships, only Jesus can satisfy my soul. He is water, bread, light and life. What more could I need? He is right here in me. “...make known the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory”. Colossians 1:27 (NIV)


~ Vicki Heath


You can purchase this magnet in the online store at www.FirstPlace4Health.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!