Monday, June 29, 2015

For His Glory


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.  Colossians 3:23

All of us have things to do that we don’t want to do. When my husband, Bob, was younger, his job every night after dinner was to wash the dishes. He is very quick to admit that he didn’t like doing dishes. In fact, he hated washing the dishes. When we were first married, he told me he would help me do anything in the house except wash dishes. I soon learned that he wasn’t kidding.

One Wednesday evening after fellowship dinner at church, I was talking with some friends when someone came over to me and said, “Bob is having too much fun in the kitchen; I didn’t know you could laugh that much washing dishes.” This I had to see for myself. I stood in the doorway in utter amazement. There was Bob in a plastic apron, scouring a giant cooking pot and laughing. He lovingly looked at me and said, “I’m doing this for the Lord and for His glory,” and then he squirted someone with the sprayer as he walked by. Bob continued to wash dishes for the Lord every other Wednesday for two years.

At home, Bob’s formal dishware of preference remains styrofoam or plastic. But I can’t deny that he had an amazing attitude when He was working for the Lord. I can only imagine how much fun we could have if we did everything for the Lord and His glory instead of complaining about the task at hand.

PRAYER

Father God, I know there are tasks ahead of me today that I am reluctant to do. But if my performance is pleasing and acceptable to You, nothing else really matters.

Journal: What have you been putting off doing? Do one task today that you have dreaded, and do it for the Lord and His glory.

—Betty Lacy

This devotional taken from Living Well devotional, available in the FP4H online store here just $5 through June 30th.

1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!